|Description||The Kumo 36 liter Superlight backpack is a smaller volume pack that has the right features for both the minimalist thru-hiker and ultralight weekend warrior. Quickly access gear with the OTT (Over-the-Top™) closure system or grab vital goods from the zippered pocket. Store a jacket in the large power mesh pocket before you hit treeline and store your essentials in the tough robic side pockets. The 1.5" webbing on the removable hipbelt allows for solid weight transfer and load control.
Need help with the sizing? Find out how to properly fit a backpack!
Weight including removable hip belt
Hip Belt Size
Dimensions - Size Medium
- My favorite pack refinedReview by Allgood
Price Value Quality
The first new feature is the redesigned shoulder straps, the old kumo had nice wide straps which I loved but they always were a bit light on the padding. the new shoulder straps are extra cushy-and the foam material seems to move sweat well away from your body while retaining it's comfort.
The other major improvement to the pack is the new robic fabric. While I loved the dynema I find that the robic fabric has a higher level of water resistance and will not wet out as fast as the dynema. The robic so far has held up well to abrasions in the field and I find it has less stretch than the dynema did.
Other suggestions from a long time Kumo user:
1. Get the hipbelt with pockets it will make accessing your sundries like lip balm that much easier while on trail.
2. Do not overload this pack-if you have a base weight of 10lbs or less you will over this pack, but get it;s toal weight above 25lbs and you may be complaining about the feel
3. I use the trose tri fold pad in place of the sit light that comes with the pack. It gives you a bit more padding and structure-plu sit only adds a smidgen of weight
4. Get out and enjoy a hike with it.
That last piece of advice is my best one. This pack is such a joy to carry that once you realize you can fit all your gear in here you will be happily skipping down the trail with a pack that is light, compact and an Ultra Lighters dream come true.
(Posted on 7/23/15)