||The Murmur 36 liter is the pack for an ultralight backpacker with a base weight of 5 pounds or less. You’ll know if this pack is for you! The Murmur features 20d 6.6 Cordura Nylon coated on both sides with silicone and a PU/silicone blend for optimal strength and waterproofness while being hyperlight!
- Roll-top closure buckles for streamlined shape, but can clip together in ‘dry bag’ style to use extension collar.
- Removable padded waist belt with integrated pockets, adjustable to two torso heights.
- Unisex (Men's and Women's) shoulder straps and waist belt constructed with low profile, but super comfortable, highly breathable wall mesh.
- Trekking pole holders and ice axe holder can be used at same time, with removable Velcro loops to secure items to pack.
- Large mesh pocket for drying items, or quick storage on trail without opening pack.
- Stretchy back panels hold included sit pad, or a thin sleeping pad, saving inside pack space, and allowing pad to be pulled out during rest breaks.
- Dual hydration tube ports and guide straps.
- Removable/adjustable sternum strap.
Unsure? Compare the differences of our backpack models!
Need help with the sizing? Find out how to properly fit a backpack!
Weight (all weights are approximate and average there is some slight variance)
- 8.35 oz. Pack only. (235 g.)
- Removable waist belt with pockets = 2.45 oz. (69 g.)
- Sitlight Pad = 1.5 - 2.0 oz. ( 43 - 56 g ) Close Cell foam can vary slighty in weight
- 12.30 oz. (349 g.) fully featured
Average Total weight of combined items = 12.7 ( 340 g )
- 2200 c.i. (36 l.) total
- 1,700 c.i. (28 l.) in main pack body to extension collar seam
- 500 c.i. (8 l.) in main pocket
- 20 lb. maximum carry capacity, 15lbs for comfort.
- One Size (16" - 24" torso) Generally fits people 5'4"-6'4"
- 28" - 42" waist for wasit belt
- 20 denier .97oz. per sq. yd. cordura nylon main body
- Select use of 100 denier robic nylon on bottom and stress points
- ultralight micro mesh
- Height 22”
- Width 11”
- Depth 4.5 “
- Extension collar adds another 9" of height
Great Ultralight BackpackReview by JT
This is an outstanding pack for Ultralight Backpacking !! I have taken it on multi-day hikes in the Green mountain of VT and the White Mountains of NH and its waterproof fabric has held up to some interesting New England weather. The fabric is really durable. I used the Murmur 36 Hyperlight Backpack as a basis for getting into the sub 15 pound range for equipment and it has made all the difference. (Posted on 1/19/16)
Love this PackReview by marisa
This was given to me as a gift from my boyfriend about a year ago. I've used it several times on backpacking trips and I'm very happy with it. It's unbelievable how light it is. One of my favorite features is the ultralight removable pad that acts as cushioning against my back. After arriving at camp I take it out and use it as a seat, and as additional cushioning under my sleeping pad at night. I also love that it has the accesories on the front to hook my trekking poles. (Posted on 12/1/15)
Sweet little packReview by Marco
What a nice pack! I had it out a little more than two weeks since I had it. It really did the job. I was amazed at the fabric, so thin and light, yet strong, too. A really, really nice pack.
(Posted on 9/28/14)
You may also be interested in the following product(s)