Shoulder Strap Pocket
- Product Review (submitted on February 17, 2014):
I have been searching for years for the perfect add-on shoulder strap pocket, and have used many, including Equinox, Granite gear, and the Gossamer *hipbelt* pockets. This one beats them all in my opinion. I have used the pockets with nearly every backpack I own - work backpacks, hiking daypacks, and backcountry backpacks.
* Spacious enough for my Sony HX50V semi-pocket camera, Galaxy Nexus phone, or small "opera style" binoculars
* Lightly padded front to protect the camera / phone / etc, which also helps keep things in place even when pocket is unzipped.
* Dual top zippers open the right amount to make the pocket easy to use while still keeping things secure
* Lots of very sticky velcro keeps the pocket secure to the shoulder strap
* Still very light weight
* The pockets look good! The padding makes them look very crisp — especially compared to the others I’ve used — I’ve actually gotten several compliments, and people think they came with my pack.
* Exposed velcro can stick to clothing or irritate bare shoulders
* I miss the key clip I have in the hip-belt pocket
* You have to be careful of the pockets when donning or removing your pack, but I think that would be true of any decent-sized add-on pocket
* Currently out of stock so I can’t buy more - I want them for all of my packs.