Lightweight and Ultralight Backpacking: Pack Less – Do More. February 12, 6-8 pm at the Fort Lewis College Center for Southwest Studies Lycium, Durango Colorado. Presented by Gossamer Gear Trail Ambassadors Will Rietveld and Janet Reichl. Topics covered include:
- Principles and techniques of lightweight backpacking
- Lightweight gear recommendations
- Lightweight food recommendations
- Cost-saving tips for lightweight gear and food
- Principles and techniques crossover to lightweight horse/llama, bike, and watercraft packing
The presentation launches a 4-part series intended to encourage people to get out more and enjoy the wilderness experience. Other presentations in the series focus on Through Hiking the Appalachian Trail by Chris Schultz, Through Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail by Art Rohr and Lynn Udick, and a film documentary of the American Women’s Antarctic Expedition by Anne Dal Vera.
This backpacking series is part of a year-long lecture series commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Wilderness Act.